Schedule a Workshop
We offer free, youth-led workshops for schools, youth programs, organizations etc.
1 1/2-2 HOURS
An introduction to things recruiters don't tell you about joining the military. This workshop is ideal for groups which include youth thinking of joining the military, parents or school staff who need more information to be able to help young people evaluate their options and as an introduction for those who want to do counter-recruiting.
A typical agenda includes:
- Introductions and ice breaker
- Brief Discussion: Why do some people join the military & people's experiences & opinions
- Screening of Military Myths Video
- Discuss video & reactions
- Ribbon Demo: Impact of military spending on our communities
- Role Play
- AND / OR
- How to get involved / share info with others
- AND / OR
- How to get out of the Delayed Entry Program
How to Become a Counter Recruiter
A more intensive training, covering facts and figures, skill building, running workshops, organizing a campaign, students' rights etc. This training is tailored to the needs and skill level of the group.
Organizing a Campaign
1 long or several shorter sessions
How to organize a campaign on any social justice issue, based on the interests of the group or using counter-recruitment as a model. Includes: what is organizing, understanding types of campaigns and how they work, defining issues, developing strategy, outreach skills and planning next steps.
To schedule a workshop, download the workshop form below, fill it out and fax it to us at 212 239-4987.
For more information, call us at 212 239-0022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org